June 24, 2015 – Ottawa, Ontario – Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
The Honourable Christian Paradis, Minister of International Development and La Francophonie, today launched calls for proposals for the following projects in Africa and Afghanistan:
Improving Maternal and Newborn Health in Underserved Areas in Tanzania
—This call for proposals aims to reduce maternal and newborn mortality and morbidity in underserved districts in Tanzania and will help increase the use of maternal and newborn health services by women and their families in these targeted districts.
• From Farms to Markets in South Sudan —This call for proposals aims to improve food security for rural populations in the region by boosting food production and by supporting the market participation of smallholders to protect farming livelihoods.
• Support for Child and Youth Protection Initiatives in the Democratic Republic of Congo —This call for proposals aims to improve the well-being of children and youth. It will contribute to the protection of and the prevention of violence against these vulnerable groups in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
• Promoting the Advancement of Women’s and Girls’ Rights and Empowerment in Afghanistan —This call for proposals aims to address violence against women and girls and will also support the capacity building of civil society organizations working to advance the rights and empowerment of women and girls in Afghanistan.
These calls for proposals are open to eligible organizations that propose projects to advance the outcomes outlined in the proposal descriptions. Partners that would like to participate in these or future Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada calls for proposals are invited to consult the Calls for Proposals web page.
• The projects arising from these calls for proposals will address Canada’s five priorities for the international assistance envelope: increasing food security, securing the future of children and youth, stimulating sustainable economic growth, advancing democracy and promoting stability and security.
• Individual organizations that do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria, but are nevertheless interested in responding to a call for proposals, should consider forming a consortium with an organization that meets all eligibility criteria.
“Canada is committed to improving the lives of the most vulnerable around the world, as well as advancing the values of a pluralistic civil society that respects fundamental freedoms, democracy, human rights and the rule of law. Our government is ready to work with new and existing partners to find innovative solutions to the most persistent development challenges.”
- Christian Paradis, Minister of International Development and La Francophonie
Calls for Proposals
• Canada’s bilateral development assistance program in Tanzania
• Canada’s bilateral development assistance program in South Sudan
• Canada’s bilateral development assistance program in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
• Canada’s bilateral development assistance program in Afghanistan
• Development Thematic Priorities
• Maternal, Newborn and Child Health
• Global Strategy for Women’s and Children’s Health
• Every Woman Every Child